Updated June 6th, 2018
- the information we collect about you,
- how that information may be used,
- with whom it may be shared,
- how you may access the information you provide us,
- and your choices about such uses and disclosures.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer service and support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, text message, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you from us;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our website;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests, and sweepstakes;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated herein or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information shared. We may share all types of personal information with:
Authorized Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These service providers may include marketing and customer services firms, credit card payment processors, as well as companies that support contests, sweepstakes, surveys, or other features offered through our websites, or that provide business analysis or website support. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Other Business Partners. When you express interest in promotions or services offered through our service centers or marketing campaigns, we may share your expression of interest with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. For example, if you express interest in companies that sell GPS systems, we will provide your information to the companies you select. When you elect to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide your e-mail address and other information to the business providing that offer or program.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of AutoLube, our customers, our employees, or others.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and Non-personal Information
We may share aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other customers collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) and other non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and other TTL companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting a general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our websites and the most popular features or services accessed.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You can, of course, choose not to provide us with certain information. Please note, however, that certain information may be required in order for you to obtain services from an AutoLube service center and/or participate in contests and promotions. Federal and state regulations require that we store certain customer information for various periods of time. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information until these retention periods are met. You will always be given a choice as to whether you want to receive postal mail, e-mail messages, newsletters, phone calls and any other type of communication from AutoLube. At any time you may modify your choice by contacting AutoLube Customer Service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service updates or administrative notices without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (with your consent) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you will have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
Under our Do Not Call Policy you may instruct us not to call you for marketing purposes by emailing email@example.com. We will implement your instructions within 30 days. Please note that we may still need to call you for servicing or other non-marketing purposes. If you do not want us to send you postal mail for marketing purposes, you may remove your name from our mailing lists by contacting AutoLube Customer Service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and authorized third-party service providers are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business purposes. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your financial information and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. Although we take steps to secure your information, no data protection system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
Notice to California Residents
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth in this Statement, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. To request this information, please contact Customer Service by emailing email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
We will occasionally update this Statement to reflect changes in our practices and services. When we post changes to this Statement, we will revise the "Updated" date at the top of the Statement. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share personal information that may impact you, we will notify you by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you most recently provided us (unless we do not have such an e-mail address), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website and/or service centers. We recommend that you review a copy of this Statement each time you provide personal information at one of our service centers and/or websites to inform yourself of any changes.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Statement or our information-handling practices, or if you would like to request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Social Media Participation Guidelines
- Social Media Identity & Endorsement Guidelines
GENERAL SOCIAL MEDIA PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
The following Participation Guidelines apply to anyone accessing or posting to AutoLube social media sites.
- We may revise these Participation Guidelines as well as other specific engagement rules at any time without notice. Your use of or accessing the AutoLube social media sites or blogs after such changes constitute your agreement to such changes.
- All posts must be made by people who are 18 years of age or older.
- By posting to an AutoLube social media site, you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to or otherwise upload.
- You agree that everything you post shall be truthful, accurate, not misleading and offered in good faith and that you have the right to post such content/material.
- You agree not to post any of the following:
- False, misleading or deceptive comments.
- Materials for which AutoLube does not own the IP rights or have the right to reproduce/upload, trademarked materials, or materials that contain confidential material or violate a third party's right of publicity.
- Any photos or comments that depict: Unsafe practices, Offensive behavior, Profanity, Personal attacks, or Illegal statements
- Content attempting to impersonate someone else including, but not limited to customers, clients, employees of AutoLube or other community members.
- Content that is subject to an internal investigation or that refers to or otherwise speaks to ongoing litigation matters or investigations.
- When disagreeing with others' opinions, keep it appropriate and polite.
- Content may be moderated. When moderated, comments will not be posted immediately. They will be screened for relevance to the topic and compliance with these Participation Guidelines and other specific engagement rules applicable to specific social media platforms.
- If the name of the author (of the post) is not mentioned, the post will either be deleted or not posted (if moderation tool is available).
- AutoLube reserves the right – for any reason – to remove or report any postings which could be deemed inappropriate at the sole discretion of AutoLube.
- Be smart about protecting yourself, your privacy and the privacy of others. What you publish is widely accessible and will be around for a long time, so consider the content carefully prior to posting.
Do not post personal information such as your social security number, identification card number, bank account or credit card information, or other sensitive personal information. Likewise, any reference to the personal information of others, including name or information that may be used to identify or locate another individual, could be deemed to constitute an invasion of another's privacy.
- AutoLube MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF CONTENT AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. ALL CONTENT ACCESSIBLE ON AUTOLUBE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE’ AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AUTOLUBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ANY CONTENT PROVIDED IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN EVALUATING YOUR ACTUAL VEHICLE—YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE YOUR VEHICLE EVALUATED BY A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN.
- For any content you post on AutoLube social media sites, you warrant it is your own original work, or if it is covered by intellectual property rights owned by third parties, you represent and warrant that you have all rights to that third-party content and specifically grant to AutoLube a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and fully-paid, transferable right and license to exercise all copyright, publicity, moral rights and any other IP rights with respect to any such content you provide.
- We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes IP infringement, please go to the Contact us section on AutoLube.com to submit questions or comments regarding such issues.
Disclosure of Identity
- If you have a material connection to AutoLube and you are posting a comment about AutoLube products or services or any other TTL Automotive products or services, be sure to let everyone know your connection to AutoLube.
- For suggestions on how to disclose a material connection to AutoLube, please refer to the Social Media Identity and Endorsement section (below).
Submitting Feedback, Queries and/or Complaints
- We appreciate your feedback and suggestions about AutoLube products and services. You understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- While we appreciate and encourage your feedback, questions or issues related to specific AutoLube products and services, claims or customer service issues should not be submitted via AutoLube social media sites. Instead, please go to the Contact us section on AutoLube.com to submit questions or comments regarding such issues.
- AutoLube works hard to ensure these Participation Guidelines are adhered to in a fair and consistent manner.
SOCIAL MEDIA IDENTITY & ENDORSEMENT GUIDELINES
Understanding who is posting and their connection to AutoLube is important to ensure transparency and foster authentic discussions. The following Social Media Identity and Endorsement Guidelines outline disclosure best practices.
- If you have a material connection to AutoLube and you are posting a comment about AutoLube products or services or any other Shell-branded products or services, be sure to let everyone know your connection to AutoLube.
Social Media Sites
- Disclosure options to be included as part of the photo, video description or status update:
- "I received X product or service from AutoLube"
- "I was paid by AutoLube”
- Disclosure requirement to be included:
- Must clearly state one of the following hashtags within tweet: #spon (sponsored) or #paid (paid)
- Disclose any product, service or compensation provided by a marketer.
- Disclosure requirement: As part of editorial copy - "I received ____ from AutoLube as a sample to review, etc."
- Disclose any product, service or compensation provided by a marketer.
- Disclosure requirements to be included as part of editorial copy: "I received (X product or service) from AutoLube to review" or "I was paid by AutoLube to review this (X product or service)"
Video Sharing Sites
- Disclosure options to be included as part of video content: "I received (X product or service) from AutoLube to review/create this video” or "I was paid by AutoLube to review/create this video"
Photo Sharing Sites
- Disclosure requirement to be included as part of photo description: "I received (X product or service) from AutoLube to create this” or "I was paid by AutoLube to create this"
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and other similar technologies covered by the European Union Directive on privacy in electronic communications.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browser navigate a website and the cookies themselves cannot collect any information stored on your computer or your files.
When a server uses a web browser to read cookies they can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent to you.
How are third party cookies used?
How do I reject and delete cookies?